Monday, March 12, 2012

Sew Expo Diet

I'd like to recommend the "Sew Expo Diet". Even though I was eating candy bars every hour on the hour -- along with snacking on peanuts and cheetos -- consuming thousands of calories of fattening foods for ten straight days -- I LOST FIVE POUNDS.

Amazing.

The key, of course, is that I walked every minute of every day for seven straight days.

On Wednesday night -- after spending the day in the cold rain with Ann getting people to and from the Poulhamous building -- I woke up at Joanne's house with terrible cramps in my upper thigh. That had never happened to me before -- and the pain dropped me to the floor.

I'm such a wimp -- I wanted to call #911. Then, I remembered to get in the shower...

Because of his diabetes, John gets muscle cramps all the time...and cramps often send him into the shower in the middle of the night.

I have not been nearly as sympathetic as I should have been.

Anyway -- if I can quit talking about the horrible thigh cramps -- this might be a whole new way to market Sew Expo...come to Puyallup and RUN YOUR A-- OFF..!!

Next time, I'm going to wear a pedometer....maybe I'll have a "pool" to guess how many miles Rita can walk in a day?? We could make it a competition...

Okay -- I'm trying to get back into the swing of things here in Iowa. And the FIRST order of business is to work on the 1600 pictures I have on my camera. I put them all onto my laptop. The problem is that when I see one of those "thumb prints" on the screen -- and I select it to upload onto this blog -- a completely different picture appears.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING??

It just could be the goofiest thing my computer ever did to me...

My intention was to write about my "Sew Expo DIET". So I was looking for pictures of candy bars..bags of chips....and other high calorie junk food.

This picture came out fine -- it's the DONUT GUY at Pike Place Market. (After the show -- my sisters forced me to go on food tasting tours and eat delicious meals every single night at wonderful waterfront seafood restaurants...)

This was supposed to be a picture of me, working on my computer, surrounded by a big bag of chocolate bars, and salty snacks...instead, I got this lovely woman...and I do think the jacket is beautiful...but after three attempts at uploading my computer-surrounded-by-chocolate-bars pics -- I finally just gave up....


THIS was a picture of a pan of noodles they were serving for lunch. Instead, I got this picture of an embroidered totebag...WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THESE DARNED PICTURES??
WAIT -- THIS ONE CAME OUT RIGHT. Me, eating a delicious Fisher scone with raspberry preserves...good job, Canon Super shot...

And Kathy gave me a box of delicious cake balls. THESE WERE SO AMAZING...

In the past, I've always known what I was blogging about -- and I picked the pictures to go with the topic. However -- with this latest development -- maybe my NEW blogging game will be to upload three RANDOM pictures -- and then see if I can write something pertinent!

Humm....that could be an interesting way to do things. Kinda like a "mystery quilt"...??

I'm starting to like the idea...

If you have any idea what's going on with my pictures, or how I can fix it -- please email me...ritafar@aol.com

1 comment:

  1. And I gained half a pound....but I lost it this week...lol
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete