Monday, October 26, 2020

Yes...MORE 50th Anniversary stuff...

Here's the thing about my wedding photos. I don't think I've looked at them for at least 40 years...So it was quite a shock to see the VERY YOUNG PEOPLE in those pictures...

My wedding dress cost $60...which was quite a bargain EVEN in 1970. But my headpiece cost $120...which was quite a big price...

The year I got married, my Mom was only 41 years old. 
When Lilly set up the Memory table, she gave the headpiece a place of honor...and we basically looked at this table, and enjoyed it for a whole week.
A bottle of unopened whiskey from our reception...
I enjoyed the golden paper lanterns...and turned it on every night.
On Wednesday, I got the Olive Garden leftovers out of the freezer...to make lunch for the MDF

My cousin Kim was able to join us.  She (and her mother) attended my Pennsylvania wedding -- I think she was 15 years old at the time. 
  
The gold-tinted roses from the MDF had opened up BEAUTIFULLY, and I wanted them to see the Memory table...

I set up the table again with the sequined gold...(minus the placecards)...

I always use the blue water goblets -- but I knew they would love the new champagne flutes!

Living up to their reputation, they brought TWO bottles of wine!!

 

The MDF luncheon was my last official 50th anniversary party. 

I cannot say enough about the Olive Garden food. I HAD SO MANY LEFTOVERS. For this last lunch, I made a fresh salad (but still had a whole bottle of their special dressing)...


I turned the leftover spaghetti into a pie (with a ricottta/mozzarella topping) , and had a huge dish of the linguini alfredo (I added some giant shrimp)...and I still had plenty of breadsticks....AND those 14 mini-parfait desserts. 

I invited John to join us for lunch.  We had a wonderful time....and after lunch, it got warm enough for us to go out on the porch to finish the bottle of wine...

We toasted to what will probably be our last 2020 Porch Party...I'm missing them already...

No comments:

Post a Comment