Saturday, October 10, 2020

Fulton, Illinois

IT'S SATURDAY..!!  This is my day with the kids.  Lilly and Warren spend the night on Friday -- and on Saturday, I usually make a big breakfast, and we discuss our options.  Some weeks, I plan a surprise activity -- other weeks, I let them participate in the planning...

Because of Covid -- many of our usual Saturday activities are simply not happening.  I'm not telling you anything you don't already know....No plays, no community theater, no concerts, no kid-friendly events at the museums or in the parks. Ugh.

Making the best of the situation -- this summer has been ALL ABOUT THE DAY TRIPPING...and I am dreading the WINTER months -- when this won't be possible.

THANK GOODNESS the YMCA is open -- as swimming is a favorite activity for both Lilly and Warren. But, I'd like to save that activity for the winter months -- when we're REALLY gonna need it.  Right now -- if the weather is good -- I try to take advantage and do something OUTSIDE!!

On this beautiful fall Saturday -- we headed up the Mississippi river to Fulton, Illinois.  It's a short 30 minute drive...

And they have an actual working WINDMILL..!!  (which was closed for the season)
Lilly was delighted to find this painted rock!
Warren was all about the Ninja Warrior activities
Lilly was showing him her latest Tik-Tok dance. (while perched atop a wall)
There's a mysterious GIANT metal sculpture...the kids posed on top of his wooden shoes...
We walked along their beautiful bike path...
Took some pictures of the Mississippi River.

 

Oh -- yeah -- I'm gonna miss this weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment