Thursday, October 15, 2020

ReArranging the ART

Although it doesn't seem possible -- it was at least 30 years ago when I painted the living room in this house. John was away at a three-day training session for his job, and I invited my sisters and cousins over to the house for a "paint party". 

Inspired by a particular piece of fabric -- I had four gallons of paint. Yellow, burgundy, teal and sky blue.

I knew FULL WELL that if I got John involved in choosing the paint colors -- he never would have agreed to this wild color scheme...and, in the end, we'd be arguing about who was in control.  Ugh.

So, I just bought the paint -- invited my best girls over for a party -- and DID IT. 

I've never regretted my paint choices or that party. This room is THE BEST ROOM IN THE HOUSE...and we actually do live here.  When the boys were growing up -- we all watched television together in this room.  We ate meals sitting at the round table adjacent to this room.  The Christmas Tree sits in this room...every birthday present has been opened in this room...Elliott learned to walk in this room...and so did Lilly and Warren. 

And I have never once thought about repainting the walls.  Although, as new artwork comes into my life -- I often rearrange the things hanging on these colorful walls...

Recently, on a rainy day -- I decided to change it up a bit -- and add some new things that were un-earthed in my basement dig...(look for the sputnik clock and the Zebra head)...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment