Monday, October 5, 2020

Pandemic Cleaning

Everybody I know has been doing work in and/or on their house during the Pandemic. My cousin Linda bought all new living room furniture...I had the Got Junk guys come clean out my basement...

Sandy has cleaned in, under and around every single drawer or cabinet in her kitchen and bathrooms...

At TMBC, we talk about power-washing houses, gutter-cleaning services and carpet shampooing options.

Apparently, this is a world-wide trend.  Before the pandemic, Bed, Bath and Beyond was on the ropes...but, now, things are looking up in a major way...

According to the Morning Brew (I do LOVE the way they explain things)

So what happened at Bed, Bath and Beyond? 

  • People stuck in their Covid caves homes dropped major cash on home furnishings; housewares sales were up 28% in the quarter ended August. 
  • Bed Bath & Beyond also invested heavily in its online operations, especially in-store and curbside pickup. Digital sales were up 89% in the quarter. 

Big picture: B-cubed is a rare medium-sized, brick-and-mortar retail chain that's figured out how to dance in the Covid-19 rain. The pandemic has smiled upon big boxers like Walmart and Target, as well as digitally native rivals like Amazon. But peers like Macy's are struggling, or worse.

 One more unique thing to add to the category of  "Things I Did During The 2020 Pandemic"...cleaning the ducts in my house.

This was major.

I had no idea...really...tomorrow -- PHOTOS...(the guy is in my basement as I'm writing this...his name is Joe...I don't think he's old enough to handle the metal shears they gave him...)



No comments:

Post a Comment