Friday, October 2, 2020

Ramen Supper HACK

The fabulous, fat, juicy delicious Rotisserie Chickens at Costco are REASON ENOUGH TO BECOME A MEMBER. Honestly...I haven't roasted a chicken in two years -- and the last time I did, it was a terrible disappointment...and I HAD A GREASY PAN TO DEAL WITH.
Their second most famous loss-leader (first being their hot dog/soda combo for $1.50)...these chickens are HUGE...and I often get three or even four meals out of one chicken.

 

Last week we had Costco chicken for supper one night. Chicken sandwiches for lunch the next day...and then, I picked off the meat so I could boil the rest for possible chicken soup. 

As it happened, I wasn't really hungry for soup...so I did this instead: 

I used one cup of the chicken broth to soften a package of Ramen noodles.

 

Then, I added the leftover chicken, and half a bag of chopped salad mix

It was within the sell-by date -- but had many brownish bits...which I was not in the mood to pick through...

The whole concoction was not very "saucy" -- so I added my favorite bottled pad thai sauce...


I swear -- slapping this thing together took less than 15 minutes. AND IT WAS DELICIOUS. At the very end, I tossed in some chopped green onions. Shockingly, even John enjoyed this quick-fix supper.

1 comment:

  1. My Costco crack chicken leftovers recipes are: creamy chicken enchiladas, chicken dumpling casserole, chopped and mixed with cream of chicken soup and poured over rice, chicken tacos, chicken noodle casserole (had that tonight). We usually get four meals from one chicken.

    ReplyDelete