Monday, October 12, 2020

Why Would Anybody Write Fiction?

Many moons ago, my friend Marion came to Iowa so she could attend the Iowa Writer's Festival with me. It's a wonderful writer's workshop that takes place every summer...and we both signed up for different classes. The format is always the same...small groups (limit 12) get together for an intense week, and everybody talks about the STORY they want to write. 

 

We would compare notes each night, and it was fascinating to hear other people's stories.  At the end of our time there, our BIG TAKE-AWAY was...

"Why would anybody write fiction, when the truth is so bizarre..." 

This story landed in my feed the other day...and it sooo proves that point...

https://magazine.atavist.com/the-pretender-lois-reiss-minnesota-florida-gambling-murder?utm_source=pocket-newtab

******** https://magazine.atavist.com/the-pretender-lois-reiss-minnesota-florida-gambling-murder

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm you link takes me back to my inbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DARN...I thought I checked it out...this linking thing is still giving me fits with the new Blogger...

    If you copy and paste into Google -- it'll come up...

    I'll keep working on it...

    ReplyDelete