Friday, October 30, 2020

More Rockford...

No matter where you live -- I hope you think YOUR TOWN is the be-all, end-all. I hope you believe you live in the most friendly town, or the most exciting city, or the most beautiful rural area...

I've been very lucky in my life to be able to travel...a lot. Most of it here in America. I won't try to name all the States I've visited. But, when I think about it -- no matter where I went -- in each place, there is something special. A mansion, or a museum, or murals painted on buildings...

In these Times of Covid -- my traveling has been reduced to day-trippin. And there are sooo many interesting things to see and do within my 90-mile radius....

Rockford, Illinois is a good example....and, honestly, I haven't even scratched the surface of what this little gem of a town has to offer...

The Anderson Japanese Gardens....

I'm SO HAPPY Rhonda and I decided (at the last minute) to meet up there...


This is their fancy restaurant -- WHAT A VIEW.!

Rhonda made this spectacular rain coat.
This was a work day for us, of course....(touring the gardens was just to get us in the right mood)...
We were discussing the next issue of Inspired To Sew Magazine.
This issue is all about the scandalous Isaac Singer (and his 24 children...)
Rhonda wore proper rain boots.  I did not.

Water, Rocks, Plants...What more could a girl ask for?

 

Well.....okay...there's dessert. There must always be dessert...


No comments:

Post a Comment