Thursday, October 22, 2020

My Wedding, My Dad and Peacock Feathers

Fifty years ago -- it was kind of unusual for a bride from Iowa to get married in the groom's Pennsylvania home. And, trust me -- my mother was NOT HAPPY with that choice. 

But, I knew my family would come...and they did!! 

When I was looking at our Guest Book, I got very teary, seeing the dozens of Iowa names. I had my parents, all my siblings, a few cousins and aunts, my favorite uncle, and even my GRANDPARENTS. 

Iowa SHOWED UP FOR ME BIGTIME..!! 

And one of the things brought from Iowa for my wedding was Peacock Feathers. 

My Dad always had a pair of peacocks living on the property.  People driving by would come up to our house because a mating peacock sounds like a woman screaming..."HEEEELLLLPPPP" 

Male peacocks shed their feathers, so Mom always had tall vases full of those spectacular feathers.  (maybe it was a 70's thing).

I asked Dad to bring along some peacock feathers for the bouquets...

The MDF Golden bouquet even had a peacock feather!

I don't have a close-up picture of my bouquet...but I love this picture of Dad and me...
Considering how important those feathers were to me -- I should have insisted ON A DECENT PICTURE OF THEM..!.
OMG -- I WAS SO YOUNG...and I thought I had all the answers!  Truth be known -- I didn't even know yet what the questions were...
Whenever I see peacock feathers -- I am taken back -- to that moment and my wedding.  Dad walking me down the aisle...
So, of course -- I SHOULD GET A PEDICURE to honor the peacock feather, eh?
Wow.  I think I was in the chair for over two hours (I may have napped)...There's the massage chair, and the foot rub, the leg lotion, and FOUR HOT TOWELS...
 IT WAS SUCH A GOOD IDEA..!!  I think Dad would get a real kick out of my Peacock Pedicure...

No comments:

Post a Comment