Thursday, October 8, 2020

TMBC Sew and Tell

Because of Covid -- our restaurant choices are limited. We all understand that...And, according to CDC regulations, and Iowa Restaurant Association guidelines -- restaurants can only offer inside dining to a 50% capacity. So, they can only seat every-other-table.

It must be a terrible struggle for them..

But -- WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN DO to help them out.

With that in our hearts -- the TMBC has been doing a "Breakfast Tour". We take turns picking a place to eat. LP started the tour by picking the Village Inn, the next week, I picked Micky's Cafe in Pleasant Valley.....then, LK picked Tommy's -- the funky little dinner (where they make their own doughnuts!) in downtown Davenport. Last week -- Sandy picked Jimmy's Pancake House...

Like many restaurants, Jimmy's had a big tent set up in their parking lot. Altho, it was a chilly day -- and we got lucky -- and found an available table inside.

But we moved out to the tent for our Sew and Tell...

LK said she needed a blanket for her new bed...
I gave her a very wonderful (recently laundered) ORR Health wool blanket.  And she immediately wrapped herself up in it...
My Sew and Tell was a vintage corduroy coat I bought at a sewing show 12 years ago...(because I have NEVER worn it -- it's on it's way to the Goodwill store)

Sandy brought her colored/quilted block...SUCH TINY PIECES OF FABRIC!
This is my Sew and tell.  I Frankensewed a lounge dress for Sharalan
Sharalan's birthday was in JULY...lol...(it's been awhile since she was a TMBC). Since she lives in Texas for half the year -- I cut up a pink Texas t-shirt...
This is a poor picture -- but I wanted to use the front and the back of the Texas shirt -- so I added a piece of cheetah knit in between (to make the panel longer)...

 

Now -- fingers crossed to see if it fits her... 

Tomorrow -- I'll show you what LP brought to the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment