Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Vintage Bed Linens

Nothing brings me more pleasure than hanging sheets out on the line.  And this time of the year is one of my favorite times to do that. 

There's nothing quite like a brisk breeze on a sunny day...my sheets smell DIVINE when I put them on my bed!! 

If it's true that we all make our own heaven while we're here on earth... MY HEAVEN IS THIS.....

These special clothespins were a gift from Mary Mulari...many moons ago...
The little bib overalls hold my clothespins...
It was a gift from my sister Ronda.
After soaking overnight, then doing one cycle with Oxyclean, and another cycle with just Tide (or whatever) -- this beautiful sheet ($1 at an estate sale) is ready to hang out on the line.
Unfortunately, that's when I notice two tiny holes.  Dammit.  They are never evident until this step -- when hanging on the line -- with the sun shining...Bummer.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to mend a small hole like this.  So this sheet will (eventually) morph into pillowcases...
The labels tell me a lot -- but, they usually DON'T tell me what size they are!
That's okay.  Wamsutta never made a sheet I didn't love...


 

Hummm?? After I wrote that, I decided to Google it. Wamsutta -- via Wikipedia...

check it out... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wamsutta_Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment