Saturday, July 27, 2019

Porch Bench Morph

About five years ago, I found this great bench at a garage sale...it was only $5. At the time, it was upholstered with a boring brown pineapple print...
I used scraps to reupholster the seat. But,  Iowa's extreme weather -- rain, humidity, hot summers and cold winters -- is really hard on upholstered furniture.  TIME FOR A RE-DO..
So, the bench was a great candidate for a Grandma Camp MAKEOVER...
Warren helped me take the seat off -- so we could paint the metal part with black spray paint.  While we were at it,  we decided to repaint a little black metal table as well.
For the new cover -- I picked out a few t-shirts and some remnant fabric...
This time around, I'm going to cut up a clear shower curtain to cover the fabric.
That way, I can just wipe off the messes...and maybe the weather won't have such an impact...

Next week, I'm having a porch luncheon -- and I'll unveil  the new bench Warren helped me renovate.

Great job, buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment