Tuesday, April 2, 2019

New York City -- HERE I COME AGAIN!!

This weekend, I will be going to New York City with my nieces Amy and Nicole.  So -- for the next week or so, my blog posts will be a combination of pictures from my past trips -- and some information about where we'll be, in NYC, on that exact day...

However -- there is no chance we'll be eating at the Carnegie Deli.  As, sadly, it closed...but, boy o boyo -- am I ever sooo glad I got to eat there.  Several Times...

Way back in 2010...

When I got to the Carnegie Deli -- two of my favorite YOUNG people were waiting for me -- Jeff Lassiter (recently moved to NYC from Chicago) and April Somboun (recently moved to NYC from Seattle).

Oh, yes -- this is one of their famous corned beef sandwiches..

The three of us had a GREAT VISIT...it was fun to listen to them compare NYC notes...

And, yes, at the end of our lunch -- we certainly did have to share the most delicious thing in New York City. A PIECE OF CHEESECAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES ON TOP.

I'd like to thank both April and Jeff for playing my New York city game. The most important thing about the Carnegie Deli is it's "cash only -- leave the tip on the table."

2 comments: