Thursday, April 18, 2019

New York City Day One Pictures: Part Two

You didn't think the Macy's escalator was the end of Day One, did you? Oh, noooooo. Sorry...but this trip to New York City is probably going to happily occupy my brain for the foreseeable future.

I mean -- it was A VERY AMAZING TRIP.
We took a cab up to Grand Central Terminal
Cornelius Vanderbilt did a pretty good job!
And the ceiling of the Grand Concourse, with the constellations -- well, it is an AMAZING public space.
Not to mention the priceless Tiffany clock.
We had a little "nosh" in the food court. Cupcakes, anybody?
Laura told me EXACTLY where to go to see the great literary quotes in the sidewalk!  But I was so excited, I forgot to look down...!!
I was just too busy "looking up".  At another one of my "must see" buildings in New York city. the Public Library, of course!!
And there is SO MUCH TO SEE
The Rose Reading Room. The windows, the light, the books...every chair occupied.  Yet, so quiet...
Actual pay phones? That was fun...and unexpected.
After our first LONG subway ride -- the iconic Tom's Restaurant at 110th Street.
The girls had never heard of an Egg Cream. (odd that this East Coast treat has neither egg nor cream in it...)
We took the BUS down Broadway -- back to our hotel.  And we got off at Lincoln Center.
This would be the only time we were in this part of town.
And it is pretty spectacular at night.
Nicole and Amy did great. They ROCKED New York City.
I don't have any pictures of me, falling into bed, putting a bag of ice on my swollen feet. But, that's what came next.

AND THIS WAS BASICALLY ONLY A HALF DAY...!!

According to their phone activity trackers...we walked 8.1 miles on this first day.
 

1 comment:

  1. If you had only turned left when taking that library photo! I loved the ceilings in the library. And did you see the ORIGINAL Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals on display there!

    ReplyDelete