Friday, April 5, 2019

Ellen's Stardust Diner!!

In May 2018, I was in New York City with my sister Deena, her granddaughter Madeline, and our friend Val.  On our last day -- I met my friend Jeff and we went to the Downton Abbey Exhibit...

Initially -- our plan was to meet up back at the hotel...

It was a cold, wet day. As Jeff and I were walking down Broadway, we got to 50th Street...and when I looked over -- and did a double-take. THERE WAS NO LINE OUTSIDE ELLEN'S STARDUST DINER..!!

I CALLED DEENA AND SAID MEET US AT ELLEN'S STARDUST DINER....THERE'S NO LINE.....
It's 3:00 in the afternoon -- hey -- I could eat!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE OUR LUCK.
Jeff and I had just sat down when two of the wait staff began to sing the anthem from RENT...
The singing is SO INCREDIBLE -- I was crying..this is Jeff, getting ready to post a really BAD picture of me...crying...
When we were finished eating -- Jeff helped us figure out our subway route for our LAST NIGHT OF ADVENTURE in the Big Apple!!
Here's the thing about music.  It's important. Because when it's good, it moves you.  And it doesn't matter if you're listening to a singing waiter in a diner, or sitting in a velvet seat on Broadway.

And when words are put to that music?  Well -- when it works -- it can change you.

From RENT....

There's only us,
there's only this
Forget regret,
or life is your's to miss
No other path,
no other way
No day but today

No comments:

Post a Comment