Monday, April 1, 2019

Jodi Picoult



Everybody has some drama, problem or challenge in their life.  Really.  e.v.e.r.y.b.o.d.y...

As it turns out, I often deal with drama by SEWING my way through it. Or, sometimes, I READ my way around it. And one of my go-to authors is Jodi Picoult. THANK GOD she is very prolific.

Last fall, when I went to Canada to visit Marion, I was reading "Nineteen Minutes"...which was a wonderful book.

Really-- when I think about all of the Jodi Picoult books I've read, they are ALL terrific. Nobody writes dialog or family relationships better than this woman.


Nineteen Minutes
For the last two weekends, I've been listening to the Book CD -- Leaving Time. Lilly and Warren are always in the car with me on Saturday...and I am usually listening to a book. (Lilly won't let me listen to Hamilton any more)...

The great thing is that, no matter how far along I am with the book, the kids soon get into the story -- and they ask me to explain the parts they missed.

Last weekend, the three of us actually sat in the driveway for almost an hour so they could listen to the end of this story...

WELL DONE, JODI PICOULT.  Again.  Thank you...


Leaving Time
Once again -- I am at least a decade behind in using technology. I hung on to my 1990 Ford Taurus for almost 20 years simply because it had a cassette tape player.

And now?  I'm driving a 2011 Hyundai Sonata (with almost 150000 miles -- on its second engine)..just because of it's awesome CD player.  Ugh.

So -- when I get a minute -- I'm determined to go to the library and get a lesson on the NEW way to listen to books.  (even though it is no secret that I still miss the cassette players.)


1 comment:

  1. I love my MP3 player. Older technology but I can listen to my audiobook anywhere. Also you can download your book from the library w/o leaving home or in the middle of the night not to mention Audible, which has thousands of books you can buy and download.

    ReplyDelete