Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Syracuse Airport

So, my vacay was off to a GREAT start. The plane landed in Syracuse, and I told Marion I'd meet her in Baggage Claim.

That seemed like a good idea at the time...

Except for the fact that the Syracuse Airport has been undergoing a $50 million renovation...for many years...and somewhere along the line, they forgot that THEY STILL HAVE CUSTOMERS...

Marion was having trouble figuring out where to park her car...and how to get to Baggage Claim...

Meanwhile,  I walked the entire length of the terminal -- twice. I kept looking for a sign that would direct me to Baggage Claim.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? WHERE ARE THE SIGNS, PEOPLE??

Honestly -- all I need is ONE SIMPLE SIGN.

Don't get me wrong...there were SIGNS...
Like this one, for example.
Eventually, I learned that Baggage Claim is on the other side of this sign. But how could I possibly know that?
I finally asked a worker how to get to Baggage Claim. Annoyed, he pointed and said, "through those doors."

When I looked puzzled, he said, "I wish I had a nickel for every time I was asked how to get to Baggage Claim...."

Yeah, I'll bet...

Hummm...I walked out...and then through this "portal" thing...
Which was very strange...really...I felt like I was going to be beamed up to space...
ON THE OTHER SIDE OF ALL THAT -- they finally posted this one pitiful sign!!  Truly -- the baggage carousel is VISIBLE from the place where this sign sits.  Totally ridiculous, Syracuse!!MOVE YOUR DAMN SIGN TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE INHOSPITABLE DOORS...

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a time. Id have been asking questions too. The portal thingy looks cool. Though I would have been leary of it :-). I hope you located Marion :-). Enjoy your vacay!!

    ReplyDelete