Saturday, October 20, 2018

Nancy and her friend Marilyn

The best part of my job with the Sewing and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, Washington -- was, of course, THE PEOPLE.  Every day, I got to connect with other women who shared my love of sewing.  We seemed to have the same attitude about life...and I looked forward to seeing them every year.  One of those people was Marilyn Norton...
This picture was taken in 2010? Mary Mulari and me with Marilyn and her Mom...

On Wednesday,  after I wrote my Nancy Zieman post, I received this messsage from Marilyn:

**********
Happy Anniversary to you and John!! Doesn't it make you wonder where does the time go??We'll be married 53 years in Nov.Yikes!!

I wanted to respond to your blog today about Nancy. One of my favorite memories was a Friday night live at Expo with Nancy...

That day, Nancy sat at our lunch table(with me and my friend Sherry).  We talked about the classes we had taken.  After she finished eating lunch she said all I need now is a piece of chocolate and I'm good.  I handed her one out of our lunches.

Later while we were walking the show thru different vendors a hand reached out and grabbed my arm.  I looked up and it was Nancy Zieman. She smiled at me and said thank you for saving my life this afternoon. I was blown away. But that was the kind of woman she was.

Because I try to honor her I bake cookies monthly and deliver them to either the fire station or the police.I don't think we'll ever see someone else quite like her.

*********

I was delighted to find these pictures. From 2013 -- the night Mary and Nancy did Kick It Up A Stitch...
Marilyn and her mother were sitting in the FRONT ROW..
They are waving for my camera...
One of the WORST pictures I ever took (and there's lots of competition for that prize)...but you can see Marilyn's Mom is laughing, right?
THIS IS MY BEST PICTURE of the two of them on that night...
And this is my BEST PICTURE EVER...after they won one of Nancy's momento-door-prizes...
Thanks for taking the time to write to me, Marilyn, and share a Nancy story.

She would be very pleased about the cookies...

6 comments:

  1. What a “sweet” way to honor Nancy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From their expressions, one wonders what they are thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story about this very special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I don't think there will be another Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy reading your blog. It brightens my day. I haven't been sewing/quilting but a couple of years. I really like to sew and make smaller sized quilts. Thank you for the stories about Nancy and friends! Enjoy your day! Thanks for your blog! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy encouraged us to be our better self. I always enjoyed her educational tutorials.

    ReplyDelete