Saturday, November 12, 2016

Fennimore, Part Two

Of course, Fennimore has a lot more to offer than just one great thrift store. During our morning coffee break, we noticed the BEAUTIFUL library sitting just across the street. I wanted to check it out to see if it was a Carnegie Library...(since he paid for 3500 libraries, there was a good chance.)
But -- NOT THIS TIME. A local banker named Dwight T. Parker funded this library.
It was built in 1923, and is registered as a Historic Building.
It was jam packed with books...and I bought several CD books from their ongoing sale rack.
And then -- the MAIN REASON for choosing Fennimore this year -- a new quilt shop neither one of us had ever been to...
Nancy Porter, a retired dairy farm wife, opened the Quilt Peddler in 2013...
It is a huge store -- with over 5,000 bolts of fabric....
John Deere prints (of course!)
The whole line of Singer fabrics!!
And some unusual novelty fabrics as well...lol...
LIKE THAT WASN'T ENOUGH EXCITEMENT!! There were two surprise elements to The Quilt Peddler...and that post is going to have to wait until next week... ************** P.S. Monday, I leave for Fat Camp. I've decided to take my laptop with me...just in case I have enough energy left to WRITE a blog post or two. But otherwise, I've pre-loaded some of my favorite blog posts...and I promise a COMPLETE REPORT WHEN I RETURN.

No comments:

Post a Comment