Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Drumroll Explained!!

HOLY COW...I can't believe I left ya'll hanging!! The DRUMROLL was all about me working up the courage to actually say these words out loud...

 I AM GOING TO FAT CAMP!

Although, my family cringes when I use that term...and maybe "Fitness and Wellness Training" is a much more politically correct way of saying it.

But here's the deal. Like everybody else in America, I KNOW HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT. Eat less and move more. Duh.

In 2009, I got a click in my brain -- and started walking on a treadmill. Soooo slowly at first....a quarter of a mile was a victory for me. I also started to eat better, avoided snacking, and totally gave up eating candy bars in my car.

Slow but sure....after about two years, I'd lost almost 100 pounds and I never felt better.

But, unfortunately, I've gained back over 50 pounds of that HARD FOUGHT weight loss.

I know I need to get serious again, but I've had a very hard time getting back on track. My treadmill has been gathering dust...and my late night television/snack habits STINK.

So -- when this opportunity came up -- to spend a week away from my normal life -- in sunny, beautiful Florida,  at a beautiful condo with an ocean view, and participate in intense 90 minute workouts three times a day with a personal trainer, while eating gourmet meals (1500 calories a day) prepared just for me....

WELL -- I JUMPED AT IT...(okay, there was no actual jumping...)

Although it is costing me a lot of money (AND my fall vacation with Marion!!) -- I know I need to do this.

AND IT'S ALREADY WORKING!! I've put myself in pre-fat-camp training!! I'm determined to build up my stamina, and today I did one mile on the treadmill!!

Because it would be pitiful to spend all the money, and arrive in Florida only to discover I CAN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING.

One of the challenges is that I don't have any actual "work-out clothes" that are suitable for public viewing. lol. Kate Hudson and her beautiful line of workout clothes -- Fabletics -- are not big enough for me!!
Her XX size is supposed to fit a size 18 woman. The reviews say NO WAY...!!

That's okay. I didn't want to spend any money on work-out clothes anyway...because I COULD MAKE THEM INSTEAD.

And won't that be SO MUCH MORE FUN??!!

So, this sewing challenge has two rules.

1. I can only use fabric and/or clothes I already have...

2. Every garment must be super-washable!!
This is my first outfit.
The teal top has been hanging out in my closet for years, because the neckline was one of those huge dinner-plate things. It was ruched on both sides (which I hated) -- so I took that elastic out, and cut one side off to add to the other side -- for the asymetrical look I love. THEN I added a layer of fringe.

Hey -- I'm off to a good start!!  And maybe blogging about this will make me accountable.  Next week, I'm going to write about the PANTS element to this challenge!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Maybe I'll get motivated to drop the 10 lbs I gained over the past 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! It cost me a lot of money to lose the 55 pounds I lost almost 2 years ago.....& I have gradually put over half of it back on....Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete