Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Every week, when Lilly is here, there will most likely be some baking....
On this day, it was Red Velvet cupcakes...and I'm not sure if you can see Lilly's RED, RED tongue...
That red cake batter got all over everything...and permanently stained a yellow dishcloth!!
We were headed to the last concert of the summer -- at the Bettendorf Library...
Lillian LOVED the new sculpture there -- and she borrowed my camera to take some pictures...
I always love to see a child's perspective through a camera lens....
Lilly enjoyed sharing her red velvet cupcakes...
The occasion was Sandy's birthday...
But Sandy didn't come!! That's okay -- we all ate cupcakes in her honor...
This is my favorite picture of Lilly with her special pen-pal friend, Sandy...on the day she took a bad fall on the sidewalk...Sandy had to do some tag-team Grandma'ing (yes, I made up that word)...
Good job, Bettendorf!! And Puyallup, and Tacoma, and Moline, and Dubuque, and Minneapolis, and Lansing, and Duluth, and Erie, and Hannibal, Savannah, Janesville, Springfield, and a hundred other cities and towns that do free summer concerts. Many of you sent me letters, telling me about YOUR town's summer efforts!!

Yes, we are already missing summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment