Thursday, August 14, 2014

Porch Accessories

Okay -- here's how my real life works. On the DAY I delivered the two old chairs to the Salvation Army -- I did a very quick walk-through of the store. I mean -- I was there for a reason -- right? SURE ENOUGH -- I found the 2'x4' zebra runner rug...
Then, I was looking on t-shirt mountain for just the right color of blue -- and the shirt I found had this zebra on it...
NO KIDDING...so, I had to incorporate it into the stool itself...
Of course, the stool wasn't finished until I included some t-shirt fringe....
AND -- remember the monkey? 
I found this large round ceramic tray at the Goodwill for $2.38.  All it took was some construction adhesive
It is the perfect little table to hold a glass of ice tea or a cup of coffee...
THIS fabulous zebra area rug has been part of my household for a long time. It isn't an outdoor rug, but I just couldn't resist. IT IS TOO PERFECT...and I've owned it long enough...if rain and weather ruins it -- well -- IT HAD A GOOD LIFE!!

Wow. I declare it PERFECT.
I have had a wonderful time this summer focusing on the porch remodel.  I HATE TO SEE IT END.  I tell everybody I "sewed a new porch sofa". And we couldn't have had better weather for it. I love to start my day sitting out there with my morning cup of coffee. And Lilly loves setting the porch table and picking out the napkins.

This was the summer Warren noticed Grandpa's hummingbirds...

Yep.  It's finished.  There was ONE FINAL DETAIL....and it's another amazing stroke of Ritaluck....

No comments:

Post a Comment