Saturday, November 2, 2013

Quilt Market Friends Old and New

OH MY GOD....the International Quilt Market in Houston, Texas is an extraordinary show!! Quilt shops from all over the country fly down to Houston to see what's new. They take classes, then they do business on the show floor. AND IT IS A BEAUTIFUL SHOW...
2400 Aisles of vendors -- every aisle covered with a huge, wide red carpet!!
I was hanging out (I hesitate to use the verb working) in the Schmetz booth.
Where -- every time I turned around -- I got to visit with friends.  Ellen March from Sew News and Wendy came and we could have talked all day...
Janelle Archer is on the board of directors for the American Sewing Guild.  And I DID A VIDEO interview with her.
This is Marie #1 -- who I just met at Baby Lock Tech last month.  The two Maries were working in their booth, Kimberbelle designs
Rhonda Pierce, taking a picture (or a video) in front of our poster..(we did A LOT of that).
One of the hot young fabric designers at the Moda booth -- and I also did a video interview with her!! She's such a new friend I don't exactly know her name...yet...

The most fun at this year's Quilt Market was that Schmetz was announcing the fact that their needles will be color coded from now on. Quilt Shop owners were bizarrely excited about that news...So it was a pleasure to be working in that booth...

But, of course, the biggest pleasure is always having the chance to visit with my friends...AND THERE WAS A LOT OF THAT GOING ON...
I am still trying to get a good picture of me and Eileen. Again -- somebody moved!!

There were thousands of people at this show. I'm sure every one of them knows more about quilting than I do. But there wasn't one person there who had a better time than me...

No comments:

Post a Comment