Thursday, November 21, 2013

ERT: Day #1: New York City

ERT stands for Epic Road Trip.  I can't believe it's over...and I can't believe we did everything we did. Holy Cow. The only problem for YOU is that you will undoubtedly get tired of hearing about it in the coming weeks.

To review, my friend Marion lives in Canada and she asked me to meet her in Syracuse, New York to help drive her car down to her condo in Florida. Without a bit of hesitation, I said, "GREAT"...and from that moment, we were planning our Epic Road Trip.

And, since we were so close to New York City (6 hours by train...lol...) we decided to do one day in NEW YORK CITY.    November 6, I got up at 4:00 AM to get to the Moline airport.  I flew into Laguardia airport and took a cab to the Edison Hotel. I was there by Noon...
Even with a discount coupon -- one night at the Edison hotel -- which is considered a tourist hotel, was $275.

Marion was flying into JFK from Syracuse (where she parked her car). So she was going to arrive after me. So as NOT TO WASTE A MINUTE -- my friend Jeff joined me for lunch at the Edison Cafe....
You can see the steam rising from the Matzo Ball Soup.....


And the BIG STAR for me was this plate of potato pancakes. Which cost a whopping $5.75. See -- there ARE SOME BARGAINS IN NEW YORK CITY...

Marion arrived before we were done eating!! GREAT -- the next thing on our agenda was to walk over to the Museum of Modern Art. There was a Magritte exhibit featured on the CBS Sunday Morning show...

Our walk across Manhattan took us to the area around Rockefeller Center.  Always one of my favorite parts of the city.  Stunning.  Sooo many things to do, places to see.  
It was a BEAUTIFUL day to be walking in New York City!!


There was a Godiva Chocolate Store on our way.....(isn't there always??)

New York City is just like this chocolate store...SO MANY CHOICES...

My Shoe Shot of the three of us -- right outside of the Rockefeller Center Observation Deck entrance.


They were getting ready to allow ice skaters out on the rink at Rockefeller Center...
Jeff even wore a jacket and a tie -- ON HIS DAY OFF --


I take this same picture EVERY TIME I VISIT NEW YORK CITY.  The Golden Prometheus...


Marion took this picture of me and Jeff. He used to be a kid on my school bus. WOW -- that was a long time ago....

Although we did pay to get into MOMA ($25) -- as it turns out, Marion and I didn't actually "get" Magritte. Not surprisingly, Jeff DID. So he stayed there -- and we went back out on the street to catch a cab. You will NEVER guess where we are going....
We didn't even take the time to shop in the MOMA gift shop....


This could be the best picture I ever took. Holding my camera out the window of the cab....

RUSHING TO MOOD FABRICS....we have ONE HOUR TO SHOP.....WE CAN DO IT....

No comments:

Post a Comment