Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Special Baby Doll Carry-Bed

I bought this doll-baby-carry-bed thing...remember? But it wasn't big enough for Lillian's new doll...

She looked ridiculous!

Then-- at a thrift store -- I found a Pottery Barn crib quilt for $2!! I could make a bigger bed -- AND a quilt, too. this is gonna be fun!! I think I'll add some zebra handles and trim...just to give it that Grandma Rita touch...

HEY -- THE NEW BED IS A PERFECT FIT. BECAUSE THIS GRANDMA SEWS!! The little red dress (with zebra trim) says "Baby's First Christmas"..

The little baby doll carry bed turned out fabulous!! I had enough extra fabric from the crib quilt to make a little quilt for the baby doll...

You've seen the baby doll, and the clothes,...AND HER OWN SUITCASE now the bed...

Nope. I'm not done yet. I've gone too far. It's just possible I'm crossing some line here....You'll see soon enough...

2 comments:

  1. Having recently done the same thing - all I can say is STOP!
    Before you know it you will have stooped to having three-foot dolls in your house so you can play.
    http://runningwithrocket.blogspot.com/2011/12/doll-bed.html

    ReplyDelete