Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Coverlet Style show

One of the highlights of Christmas 2011 was the Christmas Coverlet party for Ronda's grandchildren. It started with my compulsive thrift shopping...when Christmas Coverlets became my passion.

Here's the thing I really loved -- EVERY ONE IS DIFFERENT. I mean -- what are the chances. I probably bought 50 of them...and NO TWO were alike...

There are gingerbread men...
Many featured Santa Claus...

Or snowmen...

There were animal theme coverlets -- one had a Christmas grizzly bear in a tree -- or adorable dogs or cats...in this case -- birds...

My personal favorite -- NEW YORK CITY street scene...

Flower designs, or holly, or wreaths...
Many variations of a Christmas tree design...

A "Nutcracker" theme for Lillian's room...



WOW!! These are just a few pictures I took before packing away Christmas. I already have a good start on NEXT year -- but I will STOP buying them now...because even I cannot use a dozen Christmas coverlets.

The thing that fascinated me was that no two were alike. EVER. Really. I know that isn't possible...every single Christmas coverlet in the world cannot be a one-of-a-kind...but that's what it felt like.

Just like people....or snowflakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment