Thursday, January 26, 2012

Project Runway ALL STARS

Okay -- I keep forgetting to blog about the Project Runway ALL STARS.

It's on Thursday nights (tonight), on the Lifetime network, and I am QUITE enjoying it.

Just when I thought I was missing Tim Gunn -- it turns out he's on another show everyday -- the ABC afternoon show called "The Revolution" (I think). Hey -- I did try to watch Tim's new show, but I kept falling asleep. Apparently -- I'm still mourning the loss of my soap operas... I'm just not ready....it's still too soon.

Back to Project Runway ALLSTARS. The first challenge was the Dollar Store and the crazy Elisha went home -- which was not a surprise.

The second challenge was to make a gown suitable for the opera. Of course, there is a lot of pressure for Austin Scarlett to knock it out of the park...and he WAS the winner. But I thought Michael should have won it...and Sweet Pea went home for making a Laura Ingalls Wilder dress. I could have told her that prints are NOT A GOOD IDEA for the opera...(it's a long story)...

Which brings us up to the third challenge. Make something for Miss Piggy to wear to her movie premiere. THIS WILL BE FUN.

Oh no...wait...Here's how it's going to work -- the dress would walk the runway on a regular model -- but will be "altered" to fit Miss Piggy for her event.

Okay -- maybe it's just me -- but why, then, bother to bring Miss Piggy into it at all? What's the point, really? We NEVER GOT TO SEE the winning garment on the pig...

Speaking of the winning garment -- I think it should have been Rami. Everything about his outfit was spot on. Great color, wonderful personality...perfect for Miss Piggy and her movie premiere...

But -- NO -- they gave the win to Michael. Which I think is totally because he SHOULD HAVE won last week -- but nobody could stand to put Austin Scarlett in second place for an opera gown.

What Michael did for Miss Piggy was a very tight sheath dress -- with a gigantic bow in front. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable a pig will be in a short, tight dress...no -- wait -- I actually CAN IMAGINE that...

Normally, I would put up a picture of the WINNING dress -- but the Lifetime website didn't even bother to post one. Instead, they have a picture of Michael, holding his fist up in victory...

Anyway -- for this challenge -- they sent Gordana home. Even though Miss Piggy would have looked WAY BETTER in her dress than she will look in Michael's...

But then, I forget -- it really wasn't about the pig...

1 comment:

  1. I thought it should have been Rami too. As much as I love Austin, I thought he totally blew this one with the big bows on the hips. I mean, really, if they make the model look hippy.....
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete