Monday, January 2, 2012

Antique MALL Treasure

As luck would have it -- there is a really big, junky antique "mall" on the way to the airport. Mary's plane wasn't leaving until the afternoon -- so we had about one hour to kick around for some treasure...

Some booths are a little hard to shop in...
I have my favorite booths -- even though I have enough vintage linens to start my own B&B...

Mary can't possibly need another apron, do you think?

You NEVER know what you'll find here...this was an acrylic painting -- and, even though you may not be able to see it -- it was three-dimensional. (by that, I mean her boobs were sticking out...)

Mary found her favorite type of apple cutter...

This vendor went out of her way, decorating for Christmas...

We had a LOT OF TERRITORY to cover and not much time to do it...

I saw this wonderful plaque...speaking of the "Sisterhood"...

Here's the verse:

Somebody to tease, Somebody to scold,
Somebody more dear, And precious than gold;
Somebody to share Each worry and bliss.
Somebody I love -- My wonderful Sis!

This particular cross-stitch ended up under my Christmas tree -- as a gift for John. This year, he put up his 46 year old American Flyer train and Lillian loved it. The verse says, "If all else fails, ask Grandpa"....

Mary found a bag of vintage clothespins!! AWESOME...

And in my next post -- you'll see MY BEST FIND OF THE DAY...

No comments:

Post a Comment