Monday, April 4, 2016

Car Housekeeping

I don't know how it happens, but every time I turn around, another week has gone by. It is so true what they say about time flying when you're having fun!! Although I kind of like to write about Housekeeping on Mondays, it seems as though I haven't been doing much of that lately...and I am not inspired.

But Spring is here now, because the Hyacinths and Daffodils are blooming and I couldn't be happier. That means it's time to de-winter the porch!! So that will be my goal for this week. We spend a lot of time on the porch, and I've missed it.

During our TMBC road trip to Peoria, LP drove. I am always envious of OTHER PEOPLE'S tidy cars. She and Sandy both have beautiful vans -- and they are always clean and ready for a load of passengers, and a new adventure.


It was a very comfortable drive down there...(maybe 2 hours?)
There was a lot to see (this, in our lunch restaurant)
The whole place was like an art gallery.
We ALWAYS enjoy lunch!!
a
Of course, then some junkin'
We are newly interested in quilts nowadays...
DON'T WE KNOW IT!!
Napkin holders -- cute, eh?
On the way home, I took a picture of THIS new thing in LP's van. Have you seen this? Do you know what it is? How did I miss this??
It is a round Kleenex holder, that fits in a cup holder for your car!!
Now, see -- right there -- that little Designer Kleenex holder is the difference between me and LP. I didn't even know they were making such a thing.

Here's the basic difference, though. Her van is clean and always ready to go.  My car?  Not so much...

This winter, I was picking Lilly up at the bus stop one day (it's one mile outside of town). The temps were below zero, and I wanted to make sure all of the kids had rides. Lilly was in the car...and she asked "what are we were waiting for?"

I said, (pleased to show her my thoughtful nature), "We're waiting to make sure all the kids have rides into town, honey."

She looked into my back seat, and said, "who are we kidding, Grandma? We couldn't fit one more person in this car..."

No comments:

Post a Comment