Friday, April 11, 2014

The Art of DoodlingS

My cousin Linda discovered the Fiber Arts group at the Fairmount branch of the Davenport library. The very first time we attended, I was blown away by one of the women's "journal". It was a year in her life -- every week had a two-page spread. With quotes, doodles, cartoons, newspaper cut-outs, maybe a journal entry or ticket stubs. I LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT.

I have always been a sucker for WORDS when combined with ART. And her journal touched me in a really personal way.
That very day, I went out to buy my own Artist Sketch Book...
Several weeks later, they had an actual Zentangle Doodling session -- and I started on my FIRST PAGE...
I took my laptop so I could use some QUOTES from my Pinterest boards...
Although, some words I just made up -- all on my own...
These words have long been a mantra for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment