Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ronda's New Flannel Quilt Obsession

Part of Ronda's obsession about BUYING flannel is falling in love with those adorable baby prints. And she likes having a supply of finished flannel baby blankets on hand -- just in case there's a surprise birth in the neighborhood! (hey -- it happens)...

At the recent sew-and-tell -- she brought five or six of her new baby blankets...
Our sister Deena introduced her to this new technique -- it's called self-binding.
If you do it right, one print wraps around to the other side -- and the corners are BEAUTIFULLY mitered when you're done.
It was a little difficult to explain -- but Ronda recommended this video.
YOUTUBE IS AMAZING...it has changed the way we learn things. And you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this technique...

Trust me -- you are about to have an AH HA moment...

I would like to thank the Missouri Quilting Company for doing such an AWESOME job....

1 comment:

  1. Several of my 4-H kids have made these baby blankets. So quick and easy. Though I do have the link under my favorites, because I can never remember exactly how to stitch the mitered corners :-)

    ReplyDelete