Saturday, February 8, 2014

2014 Winter Olumpic Fun

Okay -- this is going to be fun. And, who are we kidding? IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO. The weather sucks and everybody I know is suffering fro cabin fever. So getting into the winter Olympics will be a nice diversion...

It is always fun to see the teams march in the opening ceremonies -- and the USA Ralph Lauren uniforms did not disappoint. I thought our team looked terrific...
After being criticized last time, Ralph Lauren had these uniforms made in the USA -- but it was hard to find manufacturers because most of them have SHUT DOWN because of offshore competition
The German team hit it OUT OF THE PARK.And I love the "rainbow" affect.
And HOW ABOUT ALL THAT BATHROOM drama??  The late night comedians are having a hey day with the lack of flush toilets. Just knowing that people have to put their used toilet paper into a trash can is changing the way I watch the games...(I have to hold my nose)...
Really, Russia?? 
This is what the drinking water looks like...
One reporter was disturbed when there was no running hot water in her hotel room. When they finally DID get the water to work, the hotel desk called her room to say when she took a bath, be careful not to let the water hit her face, as it could cause some burning...

Hey -- here's the first personal benefit of the 2014 Winter Olympics -- I AM SUDDENLY VERY GRATEFUL to be living where I live.  Even with the cold temperatures, and big snow drifts.  Our indoor plumbing works perfectly....And before this week, I had NO IDEA HOW GRATEFUL I WAS...

No comments:

Post a Comment