Friday, May 27, 2011

SLC Food Tour, Part 3

I LOVED Salt Lake City. The Salt Palace Convention Center is a stunning facility. I took this picture with my little Canon camera and I think they should use it for their new postcards...

They have light rail service downtown. Although we never figured out how to use it -- the tickets are free within the downtown area (I think) -- and I always love a city with trains...

Rhonda and Soni heard about a little 24-hour-a-day hole-in-the-wall restaurant. The Bayleaf Cafe...

Your drinking water comes in mason jars. Every table is different -- this one was decoupaged with old comics...

You can see how narrow the front of the restaurant is...and during our visits, it was actually under construction...

But that didn't stop them from producing the MOST DELICIOUS FOOD. This is a picture of the Tocilog. Marinated pork...OMG....it will go down in history as one of my top ten breakfasts EVER...anyplace, any time...just exceptional...($8.99)

Soni and Rhonda enjoying the unique coffee mugs. Every one was different...

The breakfast was so exceptional -- we decided to eat dinner there that night. Now -- who would enjoy a place like the "Bayleaf"???

You'll have to stay tuned to find out who went with us...and whether or not they enjoyed this funky place as much as we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment