Friday, July 31, 2009

Yes, I do know I have my mouth wide open...hey -- it's not a good picture! But I'm standing in front of a few of the 120+ pillowcase dresses my friend Bonnie made this summer. Apparently, she has an obsessive-compulsive-disorder...if she was an Indian, we'd give her one of those names that tells about the person. "Woman who sews too much." Come to think of it -- many moons ago, when Bonnie was teaching in my store -- she made an outfit and named it "Dances with Wolves". Funny what comes back to you...
Bonnie and her IDENTICAL TWIN sister, Barb -- invited me to lunch yesterday and we had one of those magical afternoons that only women friends can have. We've been out of touch for a long time -- so we could have talked for 24 hours straight, trying to catch up. We laughed, we cried, we ate chocolate...and we soooo enjoyed each other's company. It was truly a perfect day.
Alas, like all perfect things -- it was fleeting. But we made the most of our time -- and I have LOTS OF PICTURES to prove it.
The sad news is that this really poor photo was supposed to be my FIRST VIDEO assignment. But so far, it's just a fuzzy jpeg...I'm still working on it. And with any luck, it will morph into an action movie in the next day or so.
THANK YOU BONNIE AND BARB for the best day of the whole dog-gone-summer!! I wish I could freeze the whole afternoon in my brain.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Rita! Love your description of an afternoon only women friends can have--so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love getting the news letter every month. And less then 200 days left..can't wait. Good job.

    ReplyDelete