Wednesday, July 29, 2009

CTA Rock Stars!


Mary Collen is one of our CTA's. (Clothing Textile Advisors)

The CTA's are the backbone of the Puyallup Sewing & Stitchery Expo. If you have ever attended the show -- you know they're in the back of every classroom, taking tickets, managing seating, directing traffic.
But there is also a lot of BEHIND THE SCENES work. If I can manage it, I'm trying to post a slideshow of Mary's crew -- they have rehearsals for SIX style shows. Every garment must be fitted to the model, and then each model has "dressers" who help during the quick changes.
Like most things worthwhile -- it is MUCH MORE WORK THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Mary Collen. Her daughter London is an excellent photogrpaher (more about her later). Two years ago, we were changing the format of our at-door piece (the Expo Insider) and I needed a picture really FAST. London sent me this FAB PIC of her Mom -- hiding behind a mountain of fabric. Who hasn't done that? (bought more than you can possibly sew in a lifetime!)

Mary sent me a sweet note about this "blog" -- so she became TODAY'S ASSIGNMENT.

Mary -- what are you doing this summer?

Here's the report I REALLY WANT to hear...

Mary won the Bernina sewing challenge, "Project Everyday" -- and that meant a trip to BERNINA UNIVERSITY in San Francisco!

Right?

so -- HOW WAS IT, MARY??

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE GROUP??

Let's see if you AND I can figure out this back-and-forth-blogging thing...

Your comment also prompted me to try to upload an album ALL ABOUT THE STYLE SHOWS...but that didn't go so well.

Maybe tomorrow...

TELL US, MARY -- C'MON!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I keep trying to post. Maybe third time will be a charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I think I did it. I had a great time at Bernina University. I will work on getting some pictures to you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GO MARY...Great job posting! I'm trying to figure out a way to make "comments" easier -- maybe with a widget?? It's all a learning curve. I'm looking forward to receiving your pictures of BU..

    ReplyDelete