Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Zebra Striped Porch Days



July 22, 2009


This has been the BEST SUMMER EVER for sitting on the porch. John and I have eaten almost every meal outside since May. Hey -- I understand that's not very interesting -- but I'm using this as an excuse to practice posting more pictures. I reupholstered my 40+ year old porch furniture -- and the challenge was to use only fabric I already owned. This picture shows how it turned out.


Then -- just to be radical -- I decided that what was really needed was a VALANCE. Oh, yeah -- this is how I roll. Completely over the top. how much fun is this?? I made it out of scrap fabric --then finished it off with a red/white and blue Zebra Knit. Which, as you can see -- I simply cut into long, flowing fringes. It's a lot of fun when a breeze is blowing!
My next assignment is to figure out how to take pictures with my digital camera. If that works out -- I'll post pictures of my new ZEBRA RUG. Oh, yeah, there is no end to my porch fun this year!!
What have you been sewing??

No comments:

Post a Comment