Monday, October 23, 2017

MSQ Saturday LUNCH

After the morning program -- the Jenny Doan Trunk Show -- the plan was for us all to get back on the bus. Then -- out to the Pizza Hut on the edge of town for a buffet lunch.

But, the little downtown of Macon looked so charming -- we decided to pass on the pizza buffet and take our chances downtown.
We talked Lisa and Gail into joining us...
And -- only two blocks from the theater -- WE FOUND THIS PLACE.
So rustic on the inside.  AND PACKED WITH LOCALS!!
Our waitress took this picture of the six of us (BEFORE our food was delivered)
Sandy took this picture AFTER the food was delivered!
THE FOOD WAS SO DELICIOUS!!  Wow.  Just looking at this sandwich makes me want to DRIVE DOWN TO MACON MISSOURI again.  Maybe just for lunch??
Their smoker sits just outside the restaurant...along with a big pile of wood...
So -- lunch was a RIP ROARING good time. Holy Cow. This trip just keeps getting better. We were having so much fun...

But -- wait -- there's more.  No kidding.  What could possibly be happening in the afternoon?
************
MMWI:  When I got on the scale this morning, my reliable, expensive digital scale said "215.0".  OMG...I STOOD THERE, DUMBSTRUCK...THIS IS AMAZING...I AM DOING SOOO GOOD...FINALLY...THE BREAK-THROUGH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR...

I swear to God, all those thoughts went through my head in a split second...

Then...still standing there...looking down at that number....the second rush of thought came...

THAT CANT BE RIGHT...

So, I stepped off....tapped the damn thing...stepped on again.  And it said 227.0.

It said that three times in a row.  So that's what I'm going with.

No comments:

Post a Comment