Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Power of Words

I have a new philosophy I'd like to share.

When something in my life has gone sour -- I bitch it out three times. That's it. Just three times.

Then I move on.

THIS HAS BEEN LIFE CHANGING FOR ME.

We all have rotten things happen to us. Shit happens. That's the way of the world. And most of the time, YOU can't control what happens...but you can control how you let it affect you.

It is tempting to hang on to the bad happenings. If you are disrespected or hurt or shunned in some way -- you want to tell that story again and again...and every time, you feel the hurt all over again. The people (friends) you're talking to say comforting things like, "you were right, and they were wrong..." Or, "they owe you an apology!!" Or, even (this is my favorite)  -- "you don't need those toxic people in your life".

Hey -- I GET IT!! It is tempting to tell those stories...to gain that sympathy and understanding.

But, do yourself a favor. Stop. Bitch it out three times. Choose your friends wisely...tell the story, change what you can, accept what you can't...then move on.

NEXT...

These are your people. They may never change. They are not perfect. There may never be an apology. Get over yourself. You're not perfect either. Make three times is the limit...then, you simply let it go...

No comments:

Post a Comment