Thursday, January 2, 2014

Paula Deen

So -- if we only have ONE NIGHT in Savannah -- where should we go? What should we do? Is there any way we could INCLUDE SOME FRIED CHICKEN???

The chicken was ONLY THE BEGINNING...


There were actually 42 items on this buffet...


YEP -- THAT'S RIGHT -- Savannah's most famous restaurant -- The Lady and Sons!!

Because we had a wonderful late lunch -- it was 7:30 before we were even thinking about dinner. And when I called, I expected to be told it would be two hours before we could get in. But, alas, recent events have probably had an affect on the business. Because when she answered the phone, Paula said, "COME OVER RIGHT NOW...!"


We got immediate seating in the large, beautiful, airy upstairs dining room...


I ordered the famous pot pie. With this STUNNING woven puff pastry


Oh, yes, I am fairly delighted to be here. In this lovely place. With one of my best friends. Eating this delicious food...


THANKS, Paula -- it was a wonderful experience.


The cardboard cutout was actually as close as we got to meeting the REAL Paula. And, for the record, I think SHE GOT SCREWED OVER by the Food Network. I'm not going to get on this soap box, but when you consider the person who made what turned out to be bogus accusations, and Paula's honest reaction -- it is unbelievable to me that the Food Network pulled the plug on her show THAT WEEK. They didn't stand behind her, they didn't support her, they didn't even wait to hear the whole story...

No comments:

Post a Comment