Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Chad Pregracke -- CNN's 2013 HERO

THIS WAS SUCH A THRILL I went to the viewing at the Quad City Convention Center to hear Chad Pregracke talk about being honored as the 2013 CNN Hero. I have some great pictures to post -- and I will write about that later in the week (you know me and cameras.)

I was actually in this clip from the local Channel 8 news program. About 90 seconds in -- you'll see me holding my head in my hands (I look whipped -- I was still getting over my turkey hangover). If I'd known I was going to be on the news -- I would have worn a better outfit! (and tried to appear a little more alert!!)

The important thing is that Chad Pregracke is the real deal. He appeared at this big reception/screening event in his usual attire -- jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie. He got on the stage to speak to the audience before the show and everybody in that room came to cheer him on. Chad had a long list of people he wanted to thank (he kept checking his list) -- and he was funny and articulate. But, clearly, he would MUCH RATHER be picking up trash...

lf there is no video shown below this post -- you should be able to click on this link to SEE ME at the viewing party for Chad Pregracke!


No comments:

Post a Comment