Saturday, December 8, 2018

Technology for old people...

Okay -- here's where I'm at.  At this moment, I am writing this blog post with my new laptop...which has no photos.  At all.  But it DOES have a keyboard, so I'm at least able to type...as opposed to the index-finger-pecking that my new Samsung tablet requires.  Ugh.

It's like picking between two disabilities...would I rather be blind or deaf?

I've ALWAYS known the answer to that question...I'd rather be blind than deaf.  Because you can still have a conversation with a loved one, discuss world affairs at your morning breakfast joint, or hear the coos of a newborn baby.  But if you're deaf, most of the world will avoid having conversations with you, so you never really get to know people and you'll never hear the sweet whispers of a loved one.

So, for this post -- I chose to have a conversation.

The next post will be from my tablet -- so it'll be mostly photos...

WELCOME TO GERIATRIC TECHNOLOGY.  Ugh.  This is the reason why we need three remotes for our television....

And it's also why, if you drive by a retirement village in the middle of the night, you'll see a lot of windows with a faint blue haze coming from inside...those are the 80 year old people who are afraid if they turn the television off when they go to bed -- they'll never be able to get it back on in the morning.

So they just leave it on at all times...

And -- hey -- I'm fine with that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment