Wednesday, October 6, 2021

The Singer Featherweight!!

There was one scarry moment -- when I realized the Featherweight wasn't listed in the auction.  Since my initial pick up happened in July, I told the crew that the Featherweight should NOT sit inside the truck for the next two months.  They told me not to worry -- they'd put it "in the office".

Fast forward...3 months later....the linens have been photographed...but there's no mention of the FW.

Curtis couldn't find it.  Then, he called and asked, "is the sewing machine we're looking for called a Domestic?"

I said, "Hell no..."

Then I told him to look in the office...

AND IT WAS FOUND.  Hopefully, by the time you're reading this -- they will have it photographed and uploaded.

Here are the pictures I took before she was transported to the auction house...

************

The Featherweight being sold at the auction is Serial Number AL 166806 -- which means she was manufactured in Elizabethport, New Jersey in December 1952.

And she's a Beauty...

The gold decals are in perfect condition.
It has a new LED bulb...
It's original case and foot pedal, in perfect condition...
No iron rot on the bottom...clean as a whistle...

This Featherweight was professionally serviced by my favorite sewing-machine-guy, Mike Holliday in Clinton, Iowa.

 And SHE IS A BEAUTY...

I am including an original Singer Featherweight instruction book.

Along with the usual attachments. AND a ruffler!!

AND a nice assortment of Schmetz Needles.



The original bobbin case (OF COURSE)...

Deena never got around to naming this one...so that will be up to you. Because she was born in 1952, (the Featherweight, not Deena) she has the seam markings on the needle plate.

2 comments:

  1. She is there, I was just looking at the listing a little while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is, indeed, a beauty! And, yes, I saw her last night when I was looking and bidding.

    ReplyDelete