Thursday, October 7, 2021

MORE AUCTION Treasures..

AND -- as I was packing up the final tub of treasure to be added to the Art of Homemaking Auction -- I decided to add these items.  Although they didn't make the trip in July -- I am much further along in my downsizing project -- and I realize they aren't gonna go to our new house...

This is a complete set of Geist sewing machine attachments -- in the original velvet-lined tin box.

Item #406

A cross-stitch sampler...with the thread, the printed linen, and even a frame for it to go in.

Hardcover book.  I LOVED collecting these...


A vintage Westinghouse/New Home Buttonholer -- with many templates...Original Instruction Booklet!  (Item #406)

It comes with THE ORIGINAL INSTRUCTION BOOKLET.




 

Then, this extraordinary child's criss-cross apron!
The blue isn't an applique -- it's a fabric dye -- done with a resist...(Item #399)
Also, a white cotton shower curtain with chenille flowers....
It has a yellow flower rug to match -- and I used to have a large yellow flower painted in the corner of the bathroom to match.  The shower curtain and rug are Item #400
Dosland Auction

6 comments:

  1. The auction link still says it's not happening yet???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works for me. I have a watch list started! Gonna have to bid soon :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, I didn't realize I needed to click on Click Here to Bid to see the items.

      Delete
  2. The Westinghouse button hole cams brought back memories of sewing on Mom's Westinghouse. I miss those cams. I think it much easier than my Singer :( today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What treasures!! My mother had a New Home sewing machine (you had to practically stand on your head to wind a bobbin, as it was done on the Back of the machine!), and I still remember how excited she was to get that buttonholer (very similar to the one you show) for it, probably in about 1953 or so. She would no longer have to hand-stitch buttonholes on our clothes! It went when we traded in that machine on my first Viking (I gave her my Kenmore so she now had a built-in buttonholer, not that she did a lot of sewing by then). Such memories! (But I'm really glad the bobbins on All of my machines wind in front or at at the side!)

    ReplyDelete