Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Frankenchair Fringe

So, the truth is -- adding fringe to the bottom of the chair has been almost as much work as making the new chair cover...But it had to be done...When Ross put the swivel attachment onto the chair, he added two extra layers of wood to make the chair sit taller...

It is a LOT more comfortable this way...but kinda ugly...

Because, if you are looking at the chair from a distance -- the wooden platform is exposed.

 

I started off by cutting some 12" long pieces out of the black and white knit dress (that I also used to make the piping for the chair).

Then, I sewed those pieces (most of them 10" wide) onto a 4" strip of white cotton.
At that point, I laid it out on a cutting board, and used the rotary cutter to make 1/2" fringes...I folded the white cotton, but realized I needed something firm to make a sharp edge...
I cut 1" strips from some beige file folders -- then sewed them in place.  It made the perfect header -- for me to staple around the chair.
YES...this is a ridiculous amount of work.  But -- hey -- I've got the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment