Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The Frankenchair Progress...

For two days, I have been able to immerse myself into my FRANKENCHAIR project...and I am very pleased with my progress.... Even though I had absolutely no idea what I was doing...it's coming along.
Because I wanted to make it look more complicated than it actually was, I did a bit of strip quilting -- slicing then turning...I know it's going good when I see the mess I'm making...
It's finally time to get out my borrowed stapler...
I turned the chair upside down, and stretched things the best I could...the slipcover I'd basically made was very snug...which was good...I hope...
I LOVE IT..!!  But -- the ugly swivel base platform shows...so the chair is screaming for some FRINGE around the bottom.
I used 4" of white cotton -- and then sewed some 12" panels of a knit fabric (used to be a dress -- it's also what I used to make the piping for the chair)...
At some point, I sewed in a 1 inch piece of cardboard (actually, I cut strips from old file folders)...

As I'm looking at the fringe piece this morning -- it resembles a Hawaiian grass skirt. But it may not be dense enough for the affect I'm going for. I might have to add a second background layer...

Hummm.....

 

1 comment:

  1. That chair is looking good, Rita! But I did wonder if/when you were going to add some zebra print "to tone it down a little". Glad to see you haven't lost that touch!!

    ReplyDelete