Monday, October 18, 2021

Rita vs. the Fringe: Round #1

So -- back to my fringe saga...

I cannot tell you how much work this was.  Mostly due to an over-abundance of OPERATOR ERROR.  Ugh...

After I spent all that time making the fringe, I realized it was going to be too sparse. Hummm?  What to do?

The solution to that problem would be to add a liner which would end up behind the fringe. So that's a good idea, don't you think?  And it gives me another chance to add more red...

This red LuLaRoe knit skirt cost $1 --and it will have the perfect swing...

I cut the skirt into 12" strips, then -- using my borrowed staple gun, I attached it to the bottom of the chair...making pleats all around.  Yes.  THIS WILL BE PERFECT.

Mistake #1: Do you see where I went wrong??

 



5 comments:

  1. Oops! Since the base is upside down, the inside of the hem when righted will be visible. Time to get the staple puller - or as is the case at times for me, the straight screw driver and pliers. Great choice on the fabric though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have to pull out staples instead of pounding in. More satisfying to pound when frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the fringe under the red, so that it will be seen when upright? The fringes may hide the hem…

    ReplyDelete