Friday, October 8, 2021

Somebody PLEASE Finish This!!

I've had a few questions about the auction:  

  • You can start a watch list...
  • If you bid on an item, you'll receive updates....
  • Everything starts at $1.00.  So, if there's something you're interested in -- bid $1 -- and you'll get notices if an when there are other bidders.  
  • YOU CAN LEAVE a max bid -- say, for example, you decide you are willing to pay $20 for a Hudson Bay Blanket (a bargain, believe me!) -- you can leave a $20 Max bid.  Which means, as other people bid, you are automatically "in" (at $1 increments) until your max bid is met.  So -- you might still end up "winning" that item for much less -- depending on the interest of other bidders.
  • 80% of the bidding happens in the last several hours -- so the MAX bid system will help to make sure you get in on the action.

FUN, EH??

Also -- some items have several photos -- just click on the arrow.  And most items have a description, or additional information, under the "details" -- which you also have to click on...

********

Because I had a few extra days -- I FOUND even more stuff to be added to the sale.

Like -- what's inside this pizza box that's been living in my basement for the last 5 years....?

   



Hundreds (maybe thousands) of cut pieces, waiting to be put together.

For a double wedding ring quilt -- right?

I am not a quilter.


BUT I remember the exact moment I found this treasure trove of bits and pieces...I just KNEW I would have a blast putting these pieces together in a finished quilt.
There are many individual pieces, and many "pairs"
there are also many half-circles already sewn together (9 pieces joined)
I wonder about the woman who painstakingly cut all these little pieces of fabric...and then, started to sew them together...
I wanted to finish it for her...but life got in the way.

I can only take so much stuff to the new place. And this is a great opportunity for me to pass this treasure trove on to somebody who has more skills than me....and will really do it justice. 

It is item #391 on the auction -- and the picture they have REALLY doesn't do it justice!!

PLEASE -- somebody buy this fabulous UFO -- and let me know what happens!!

Dosland Auction

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that Is a treasure trove!! Not mine, particularly (I'm more a garment sewer) but someone will love it.

    Thanks for the tips about the max. bid thing and all. I need to do that. So far I'm winning the items I've bid on, but you never know....!!!

    ReplyDelete