Monday, October 4, 2021

Another Last Thing...

My sisters Ronda, Deena and I have lived within a 2 mile radius of one another for 40 years. Last week, I spent the day with Ronda, and we talked about me moving into town.

She reminded me of a conversation we had long ago...about how you never know when it's "the last time..."

20 years ago, I was lamenting my empty nest...missing my little boys...Tearfully, I told Ronda that I couldn't remember the last time Elliott fell asleep on the sofa and I had to carry him upstairs to his bed....and I was sad that, at that time, I hadn't registered that moment as important...something I should remember and treasure...because it would never happen again.

Well, 2021 has been like that every day....trying to savor and enjoy all these last moments...

This week it was time for me to host the last "TMBC Porch Party". We've been doing this for many years...and, like every one of these occasions -- it was bittersweet.

It was the perfect Fall day.  A chilly morning as I was setting up the porch.
Frankie is always excited when he knows company is coming.
On this morning, I set up the great little vintage formica table, and I remembered all the furniture that has come and gone over the years. I used to have a heavy wooden picnic table with two benches...and then, there was a vintage loveseat and two gliders that I reupholstered TWICE...




Jackie and the two Lindas arrived early -- and Jackie took a video of me making popovers.

They turned out PERFECTLY.

Really? This is the only picture I got of our last Porch Party?..


It's such a bad picture -- I think we just might have to DO IT AGAIN...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, bittersweet, indeed. And not enough pictures!! Yup, you just might have to do ONE more porch party!!

    Love your chair seat covers, by the way! So fun!

    ReplyDelete