Friday, October 29, 2021

Pills, pills, pills...

I married the smartest man I ever met.  So, of course, John was always in charge of his own medications.  He's diabetic, so as time rolled on, there were more and more pills.  Morning pills, evening pills...vitamins, a daily aspirin...not to mention a nightly injection of insulin.  Well -- you get my drift.

PILLS ARE A BIG JOB.  But I never gave it a thought when John was doing it himself.  Of course, mistakes with his medication started to happen...and he became obsessed with his daily "journal".  He was trying so hard to get everything right...he spent hours each day on this job.  

By the time I took over the pill job, John was relieved.

And I did it the same way he did it for a long time.....I had a shoebox full of his prescriptions, and every week, I would fill his Morning, Supper ad Bedtime pill minders.

THEN, I realized my pharmacy (Amicare, in Bettendorf, Iowa) would do "pill packs".  OMG...this is such a wonderful service.  For no extra charge, they put all John's medications in daily pill packs...which are clearly marked.  They'll also pack OTC pills for you...also, for no extra charge

Nobody takes more pills than my friend Valerie. Because of her rheumatoid arthritis, managing all those pill bottles and little minders was a real challenge.  And it would take her HOURS to set up her meds for the week.  Not to mention having to remember when a prescription was running out, then making the call to the pharmacy, picking it up, etc.

Val had a stroke and spent 20 days in a skilled care facility.  When she came home, she had Visiting Nurses -- and they took one look at her pill regimen and recommended Divvy Dose.

I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT A TIME-SAVER THIS IS, PEOPLE.  This post is for you, Charlotte!  It takes the pain and worry out of that job.  I was at Val's house when her first Divvy Dose box arrived, and I thought she would cry because it will be so much easier for her now

There is no extra cost -- your co-pays will remain the same. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Rita!! I will ask at RiteAid if they have such a service available (and if they don't, they should!!). I would hate to switch pharmacies at this point--we've been going there for maybe 20 years and they have All our records!!--so I am hoping something like this is available! It would save time, for sure! Thanks again, Rita--you are a dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie had the same worries. She was a Walgreen's customer for 25 years. But the pain of going there and waiting in line, or having somebody else pick up her meds had become a real problem. Divvy Dose made her transfer with ease. They are used to the job of transferring medical records...

      Delete