Tuesday, April 14, 2020

VBP: Zipper Linen Bags

Joan came to my Virtual Birthday Party -- all the way from Arizona. She's been training for the quarantine, as her husband had surgery, then a staph infection, so she's been home tending to him since last fall. He was just starting to feel better when THIS HAPPENED. ugh.

When I asked her to tell me what she was doing on my birthday...this is what she sent...

Happy Birthday

I have been able to spend a couple hours every day in my sewing room.....what to sew? what to sew? Then I saw something on facebook...a lady in England found a beautiful old doily and made a zipper bag with it. I have a whole cedar chest full of those things my grandmother and aunts made years ago..(I turn 81 later this year so you get the point). I know my kids don't want these and I almost boxed them up to donate when I saw the post.
So- here is what I will be doing tomorrow....These are a few that I made this week. I can't wait to do more. My whole family will be getting these for Christmas....A remembrance of family long gone.
SUCH A GREAT IDEA..!!
**************
I LOVE THIS IDEA, Joan!! It's a wonderful way to repurpose some beautiful family treasures. We need to get over thinking somebody, someday, somewhere, is going to want to use a dresser scarf or a doily. But it's a shame to keep the beautiful embroidery stashed away where nobody can see or enjoy them.

Your zipper bags are ART!!  They would be useful in a dozen different ways -- and the recipient can actually HEAR STORIES about the women who came before them.  What a wonderful way to enjoy their beautiful handiwork...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful linen bags. Oh I would love just to hold one of them. So nice. 🦋☀🌻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea! Guess what I'm going to make after I finish a few more UFO's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dozens of these that I have collected over the years....& my family doesn't want them either.....but they are going to get some this way!!! They know I would rather make BAGS than anything else....lol

    ReplyDelete